Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wednesday is Vismund Cygnus

The ocean floor is hidden from your viewing lens. A depth perception languished in the night. All my life I’ve been sewing the wounds but the seeds sprout a lachrymal cloud. My nails peel back when the taxidermist ruined goose stepped the freckling impatience. All the brittle tombs, five hundred little q’s. I’m splitting hairs to match the faces. All night long I’ll hunt for you, let me show you what I mean. Now this train don’t lie, an abortion that survived. A lineage of bastard mastication, all the severed proof talons scratch my suite. These are the feathers that replace them. All night I’ll hunt for you, let me show you what I mean. Who do you trust? Will they feed us the womb? Chrome the fetal mirage. Will they feed us the womb? I found the remnants of a crescent fang, it cleaned my wing down to the bone. Umbilical syllables left to decode, there was no cradle. I can taste it, bring me this plague. She took a drink, those nicotine stains on his every word. My scavenger quilt will only hide the truth. Bring me, bring me this plague! I count the days to find what was left behind. Only these names I clutch will lead me to my home. Somehow this river marks a wrinkle hand in mine and everyday that parts the water into two mothers and feathers start to drown the living proof. I can’t remember these lakes of blood wrapped in a blanket. There sweats a cut, who do you trust? Will they feed us the womb? Chrome the fetal mirage. Will they feed us the womb?


Every time a genocide occurs, the world says, “Never again.” And yet, they happen again. And again. And again. Why is mustering an effective international response to genocide so hard? [politics] (theseminal.com)

Did I see that right? Did our president really wink at the end of his press conference? It couldn't be. He was discussing a massive failure by our intelligence agencies [politics] (huffingtonpost.com)

Merrill Lynch Predicts Recession [business] (alleyinsider.com)

Seattle grocery chain bans high-fructose corn syrup (seattlepi.nwsource.com)

CREW releases new report exposing massive failures and billions wasted at Dept. of Homeland Security - Joe Lieberman responsible for the (total lack of) oversight! [politics] (citizensforethics.com)

Bush still in denial -- urges Iran to "come clean". [politics] (news.bbc.co.uk)

California Cops Will Not be Enforcing Federal Drug Laws [politics] (reason.com)

VIDEO: San Fran Republican Party cancels straw poll -- too many Ron Paul supporters show up! [politics] (youtube.com)

Corporations now are so powerful they threaten democracy and capitalism itself [politics] (huffingtonpost.com)

Everyone asks for it. Few actually need it — as a TIME reporter found out after an hour-and-a-half telephone ordeal (time.com)

'Burnt foods' (french fries, chips) linked to cancers [science] (news.bbc.co.uk)

Antarctica's New Discovery Under Siege? Russia close to penetrating sub-glacial Lake Vostok [science] (abcnews.go.com)

Map that named America is a puzzle for researchers as it depicts details of South American coast and an ocean west of America [science] (news.yahoo.com)

Study Shows Why the Flu Likes Winter [science] (nytimes.com)

I spent 33 years in the Marines, most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for big business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for Capitalism [politics] (opednews.com)

Is there enough evidence now, Ms. Pelosi, to proceed with impeachment against the president and vice president? [politics] (smirkingchimp.com)

How "Stairway to Heaven" Ruined Led Zeppelin (slate.com)

Democrats Drift Toward Kucinich (npr.org)

Why the Government is Terrified of LSD (hypnosiscontrol.com)

Enough Spin Already: Bush and Cheney Lied, Iran Didn't [politics] (huffingtonpost.com)

“A young male in his 30s today has an income, adjusted for inflation, that is 12 percent less than what his father was making 30 years ago.” [politics] (vanityfair.com)

From Celery to Bacon - What does 200 Calories Look Like? [science] (wisegeek.com)

Fever can temporarily unlock autism's grip on children [science] (reuters.com)

Facebook tracks users even when they're logged out, and without telling them (correntewire.com)

Why the world hates The United States (en.wikipedia.org)

Clinton uses Obama's KINDERGARTEN writings against him! (blogs.usatoday.com)

German Official knows what Scientology really is... a "Commercial enterprise that takes advantage of vulnerable people." [politics] (sfgate.com)

The National Intelligence Estimate on Iran is released. Short version: they stopped their nuclear program in 2003. No wonder Cheney worked like hell to stop the report from coming out. [politics] (odni.gov)

police officer forced to resign because he protected and served instead of bullying and tasering (freedominourtime.blogspot.com)

The US Imprisons 1.5 million citizens. Each prison cell costs $100,000 to build and $22,000 per prisoner per year to operate. (answers.google.com)

Skin and muscle preserved in amazing dinosaur specimen [science] (news.bbc.co.uk)

The Prehistoric Stone Balls [Pics] [science] (naturalhistorymag.com)

No comments: