Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday is a wild horse

Childhood living is easy to do. The things you wanted, I bought them for you. Graceless lady, you know who I am, you know I can't let you slide through my hands. Wild horses, couldn't drag me away, wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away...I watched you suffer a dull, aching pain. Now you decided to show me the same. No sweeping exits or offstage lines, can make me feel bitter or treat you unkind. Wild horses, couldn't drag me away, wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away...I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie, I have my freedom but I don't have much time. Faith has been broken, tears must be cried, let's do some living after we die. Wild Horses, couldn't drag me away, wild, wild horses, we'll ride them someday. Wild horses, couldn't drag me away, wild, wild horses, we'll ride them someday Andie.




Libertarians Rising [politics] (time.com)

View, vote, and comment on bills in the U.S. Congress (billwatch.us)

"Pakistan.. has a nuclear weapon.. demonstrated that they will proliferate.. on the black market. The idea that Iran would be cause for World War III but Pakistan's no big worry to us is psychotic." [politics] (rawstory.com)

Torture has a Long History... of NOT Working (livescience.com)

Breathtaking Abuse of the Constitution - article that got the founders of newspaper arrested (phoenixnewtimes.com)

Nature vs. Nations: The Battle for the Arctic [science] (environmentalgraffiti.com)

Oil hitting $90 a barrel. This is why a weak dollar isn't a good thing, the strong Euro/Yen/Pound protect Europe & Japan from the oil prices, the weak dollar exposes US to danger of recession. (ft.com)

Why, Even If You Have Nothing To Hide, Government Surveillance Threatens Your Freedom [politics] (smirkingchimp.com)

Scientists Discover Why Gossip Is More Powerful Than Truth (madconomist.com)

Gold prices have skyrocketed in the past few weeks. Platinum nears an all-time high. Oil is almost $90/barrel. Will the US Dollars in your pocket be worth anything in a year? (africa.reuters.com)

Why is this not front page reddit news? Pro-US Fmr Prime Minister of Pakistan Bhutto's welcome procession is bombed - more than 125 KILLED (news.yahoo.com)

The 5 Creepiest Urban Legends (That Happen to be True) (cracked.com)

The Bottled Water Backlash - Industry on the defensive as many are switching to tap. [politics] (alternet.org)

Shuck the ethanol and let solar shine [science] (articles.moneycentral.msn.com)

Economists and psychologists—and the rest of us—have long wondered if more money would make us happier. Here's the answer. [science] (newsweek.com)

Damn Interesting: How Bacteria Nearly Destroyed All Life [science] (damninteresting.com)

FBI raids illusionist Copperfield and finds millions (reuters.com)

Hillary Clinton receives the largest number of military donations…from the Defense Contractors. [politics] (politicalinquirer.com)

Dogs may not be human, but this is still cruel, messed up, and abuse... NOT Art.. (theginblog.com)

Democrat Chris Dodd places hold on FISA bill, says NO amnesty for telcos who spied on Americans without a warrant. [politics] (dailykos.com)

European men now tower over American men - bad US diet and healthcare blamed (news.bbc.co.uk)

No comments: